"Hubs, I need to go home...no, really, I need to go home."
The kids and The Hubs were hesitant of this idea, and for good reason.
The logistics of packing, driving 1800 miles across the country, starting over AGAIN after 5 years in Philly when we thought we'd be there for good, new job, new schools, new house...well, you get the idea.
But, now that we're here, there are certain things that I'd forgotten that I love about Colorado.
- The sunsets. Other than the Florida Keys, I have never seen a more beautiful sunset.
- Friendly people. Someone will walk by, smile at me, and say "good morning!" I still have to do a double take...wait, what? Are they talking to me?! I have to check myself...oh yes, good morning to you, too!
- The bike riders. My daughter and I ride our bikes to her school every day. The first few days, I felt silly (and you should have seen me re-learning how to peddle that sucker)...but then I learned (remembered?) that everyone rides bikes here. I almost have to fight for my side of the sidewalk each morning, and I love it.
- The sound of the wind blowing through a pine tree.
- The smell of Rocky Mountain air.
- The lack of humidity. Although I have to use more lotion and chapstick everyday, I'm good with that.
- Denver Bronco football fans. Hells yes, it's good to be around my own people again (remind me to tell you the story about my car getting keyed at a Giants/Broncos game in New Jersey).
Yep, it's good to be home.